rensselaer technology transfer
The Office of Technology Commercialization at Rensselaer supports researchers in protecting intellectual property and bringing inventions into the commercial marketplace. We are dedicated to building relationships with commercial partners to benefit Rensselaer and the broader community.
What we do:
- Evaluate new technologies for commercialization
- Advise researchers throughout the intellectual property protection process
- Prosecute patents, copyrights and trademarks
- Assist in identifying industry fit and potential licensees for technology
- Extend licenses for patents, copyrights, trademarks and end use software
Rensselaer researchers continually develop materials, technologies or processes with significant commercial potential. Protecting the intellectual property behind these innovations and introducing them to the marketplace requires a significant investment of time and resources by all parties. OTC coordinates the efforts of the inventor, patent attorneys and commercial partners throughout the commercialization process.